I’ve just been nominated by iRiOT for a blog award…. Liebster Blog, I thinks it is 8D
So, I have to share eleven random facts about myself, answer eleven questions from the blogger who “tagged” me, and make up eleven more questions to tag eleven more people with. Crazy fun! So here goes.
[Edit] oh I forgot, you have to have less than 200 followers. Which possibly might rule out some of the ones I nominate because they’re pretty popular, though I don’t know how many followers exactly they have 🙂
11 Random Facts about me
1. I like chocolate, a lot. And licorice. Even the Dutch kind – well, the kind I’ve tried, anyway. 🙂
2. I’m short. My little brother is now taller than me – I know that’s a common occurrence in families, mine anyway, for the youngest to be tallest, but it still annoys me a little.
3. I’m learning Spanish, and also making up my own language called Tlaneca. It’s my third (attempted) made-up language to date.
4. I like to eat flat bread baked with just flour and water, smeared with butter and marmite very thickly.
5. I have a typing speed of around 58. Which, according to an online typing test (typingtest.com) is above average, but they might have just been saying that to make people feel good. I blame this good typing speed on excessive writing. And now when I think of writing words I spell them out on the keyboard in my head, instead of writing them on paper in my head, as I used to. If that makes sense.
6. I play keyboard and am now serious about learning guitar. I like diminished chords, and everything in the key of Eb. Especially Cm.
7. I don’t watch TV, and we don’t have a toaster or a microwave. I like to boil water by heating it in a pot on the stove.
8. I have wanted to have my writing in the library since I was maybe eight or so. I got my first job writing for a kids magazine and making puzzles, when I was ten. But I still haven’t completed a proper novel. So I’m giving NaNoWriMo a go in November, trying for 50k.
9. I once cared for thirteen rats at once. Rita, the mum rat, Shoelace, the daddy rat, and eleven little baby rats. I love rats, also cats but they don’t go together well. I like dogs, and all animals, but am not really a ‘dog person’, more a ‘cat person.’
10. The best time of my life was last year, the summer holidays when I attended a circus holiday program. It was not an ordinary “holiday program” it was awesome awesome awesome. I probably sound silly now. But I loved learning, loved performing, and still do. My favourite circus trick is “star adagio” where I am essentially doing a handstand on the base’s shoulders. Kind of. It’s hard to explain. But I’m balancing upside down.
11. The last fact. Um. I live in New Zealand! Is that random enough? xD I guess so.
Now to answer the questions from iRiOt.
1. What’s your favorite color? I like red-yellow-gold combined, or anything with gold or silver, but that doesn’t really count as one colour. So my favourite single colour would definitely have to be green. Over everything else.
2. What’s your favorite animal? Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, cat. (Over rat. Just.)
3. Can you write “sweet hotdog, you taste foul!” with your eyes closed? Writing? Definitely. Typing? Let me try. sweet hotdog, you taste foul. Yes, I can! I even got the comma! Yay!
4. How do you tie your shoelaces? One loop or two? I don’t currently have shoelaces on my shoes, but when I do, I make a bow. One loop then another through it, not two loops tied together.
5. Have you ever stepped in a dollop of pudding? No. I haven’t. That would be interesting.
6. Do you ever wish you did things like this as a child? Lets see. Dancing around in the bathroom? Ah – apparently I did used to dance. Try to. And I remember singing. So, I don’t wish I did do that, I actually did.
7. Have you ever wished your life was that of a certain cartoon show? NO. NO. I would never like to live in a cartoon.
8. Do you ever brush your teeth then eat strawberries? Um, no. I’ve brushed my teeth and then eaten grapefruits, or oranges, on many separate occasions. Does that count?
9. Have you ever regretted a bowl of chicken noodle soup? No. I like chicken noodle soup. It’s been so long since we had it though.
10. Can you make a pig shadow with your hands? Dog, yes, pig, no.
11. Do you play the harpsichord? Harpsichord? No. I play piano/keyboard though. I’ve never seen a real harpsichord but I always laugh at pictures of them or movies because the black notes are white and the white keys are black. The opposite of a keyboard.
And now eleven questions for the tagged ones, who I shall soon go and tag, and edit this post and put their names in, hoping they also will complete the quiz.
1. What is one thing you would like to do in your life time?
2. Do you have animals? Which ones and why?
3. What’s your typing speed? (I have to know now! xD typingtest.com)
4. Do you play an instrument – which one? What would you like to be able to play but can’t?
5. Do you speak a foreign language? Have you made up your own language?
6. Do you ever want to try Dutch licorice, or if you’ve already tried it, by accident or by design, did you like it?
7. What place in the world have you never been to but would like to see?
8. What do you think of homeschooling versus the other types of schooling?
9. A religious question. Do you read the Bible?
10. A weird question. How big are your feet?
11. A last question. What was the first word you touch-typed without looking?
Right. Shall be back and editing soon, after running and tagging all the other bloggers I know. See you shortly! 🙂
Wow, it’s harder than I thought it would be to find 11 blogs. Seven more to go.
Hello Happinesse hellohappinesse.wordpress.com
Lorna Alkana lornaalkana.com
Conor Cullen conorcullen.com
And oh no I am running out of ideas. :p There are more bloggers I know but I’m hesitant about nominating them for some reason. Maybe I shouldn’t be? Maybe seven is enough? What’s the official rules? Are there any? I think I should stop now. Anyway.